Thursday, September 22, 2011

Wanda the Great

Wanda is such a terrific dog. She's a well balanced, happy girl. She is starting to learn about toys. It's so much fun to watch a Greyhound discover the joy of toys. When she finds one that makes noise, her little ears perk up.

She's starting to take treats from my hand and is ever so gentle. I also enjoy seeing a foster dog get to try new treats that they have likely never had before. Wanda is NOT a picky eater. She has yet to turn her nose up at anything. She enjoys her morning greenies with the rest of the pack.



Last night because she's been being so good, she got to sleep on a dog bed in the bedroom instead of a crate. She doesn't mind crates, but she's not fond of sleeping in them. She was very happy to sprawl out on a nice, big, comfy, overstuffed dog bed. She never moved once.

True to her Greyhound heritage, she likes to roach and started roaching yesterday. To me that's always a sure sign that a foster feels comfortable.


Today Wanda got to meet some children. She met a friend's 3 1/2 year old little boy this morning and then this afternoon she met my neighbor's 5 and 6 year old rough and tumble boys. She was not phased and wagged her whole body when she was around the boys. She thought is was quite fun when one of them start rolling a ball for her to chase. She should be an excllent family dog.

She's so happy, friendly and loving. She's only been here a few days and she has just settled right in. She knows the routines and is happy to be a part of everything.

She really is Wanda the Great!

2 comments:

Marissa said...

Hi, my name is Marissa Page and I adopted Wanda's sister Angie! I just thought I'd google Angie's siblings and I found this blog. The resemblance is a amazing! Angie and Wanda look a lot a like and sound quite similar too. I adopted Angie in April and she is the perfect dog. I didn't pick her myself as the rescue group that I went to chooses the dog for you by trying to make a good match. She is super affectionate and very playful. She loves her stuffed toys. I have 2 cats and she gets along well with them too. She loves people and is always so excited to meet them. I could send you pictures of Angie if you'd like. Let me know and I can email to you.

Team Zero Gravity said...

Hi Marissa,
I was Wanda (nka Autumn)'s foster. If you wnat to send me your email, I will pass it onto Autumn's new family. My email address is listrake@windstream.net

They just adore her!